4 Comments (Leave Comment)
Once again, City Hall is coming to District 6 in another series of drop-in office hours!
- Thursday, May 26th, 3pm – 6pm
Green Lake Public Library
- Wednesday, June 8th, 3pm – 6pm
Fremont Public Library
- Thursday July 7th, 4pm – 7pm
Greenwood Public Library
In the four sessions we’ve held so far, over 80 people came in to discuss a range of topics, from specific issues to more general concerns, including:
- Increased development (both generally and specific projects)
- The need for more affordable housing
- Public safety
- Expanding the LEAD program – referring those afflicted with addiction to services instead of jail
- Recreational vehicles policy
- Increasing services and housing for the homeless
- Allowing electric bicycles on trails
- Ride the Ducks safety – an update on the legislation, which ultimately passed
- Sound Transit 3
- Assistance for home damage from the Greenwood explosion
- Encouraging more backyard cottages
- Encouraging electric vehicle ownership
- Freight Advisory Board appointments
For those who had specific requests or cases, my staff is looking into the issues and is following up with each constituent. Our responses have included engaging with departments for increased outreach and community policing in the Sandel Park area, inquiring into more parking areas for RV’s, connecting residents impacted by the Greenwood explosion to assistance from the Phinney Neighborhood Association, and working to create consistent policies between our Parks, Transportation, and City Light departments for electric bicycles on trails. In another blog post I discuss my efforts around affordable housing and preventing displacement in Seattle.
And as the City continues to grapple with addressing our homelessness crisis, I invite you to please join me on July 27th for a Public Forum on Safe and Healthy Communities, co-hosted by St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Ballard. More details to come soon.
Thanks again for those who have been able to stop by my office hours!
Posted: May 20th, 2016 under Random